Saturday 3 May 2008

www.helpdomino.com



From a friend of a friend . . .

"Hi there. My friend, Merci Ligertwood (you may know her), has a little Hemingway cat named Domino. A few weeks ago, Merci woke up just in time to see Domino literally fly out of the top window in her room, landing 2.5 stories below on the concrete. Why Domino was flying, no one knows. I'm sure there was a scrumptious bird busying itself outside the window and her look-at-me-I'm-a-crazy-cat-watch-me-go! instincts kicked in. She even took the screen down with her.

Unfortunately, the poor, sweet girl hurt herself far worse than originally thought, and now needs a costly surgery to repair it. Merci is pretty broken up about being unable to afford it. Today, some friends of Merci's built a web site for Domino in the hopes of raising some money towards the surgery. http://www.helpdomino.com

I do not necessarily write to solicit personal donations, though welcomed, but in the hopes someone might know a person or organization that searches for animal health and rescue opportunities to donate towards each year. This is most definitely a cause worth considering. In my animal-(cat-specific)-loving opinion, Domino's options aren't elective at this point. Without the surgery, she would live with consistent pain and lose use of her front leg.

If you know of anyone that can help, in any way, please be so kind as to share Domino's story with that person.

Thank you for your time.

Love,
Jamie"

www.helpdomino.com

1 comment:

Merci said...

I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting this on your BLOG! It means so much to me that you are helping get the word out!

Thank you!!

Merci Ligertwood